Keys R and U
In this lesson you will learn new keys : R and U
Each finger control different keys as follows:
- The left index finger will control the F , G and R keys, the right index finger will control the J , H and U keys.
- The left middle finger will control the D and E keys, the right middle finger will control the K and I keys.
- The left ring finger will control the S key, the right ring finger will control the L key.
- The left little finger will control the A key, the right little finger will control the ; key.
- The spacebar is controlled by the thumb.
|LEFT HAND||RIGHT HAND|
Tip! The QWERTY row, as well as being the most celebrated on the keyboard is also the hardest working. Four of the five vowels, E-I-O-U are to be found in this row. After completing the fourth lesson you should discover that you are already well on the way to being a touch typist and your fingers are becoming ever more adept at finding the right key without your conscious thought.
Before you begin typing make sure you are sitting up straight, your feet flat on the floor. Keep your elbows close to your body, your wrists straight and your forearms level.
As before, you may find it helpful to quietly say the name of the key as you strike it. Don't let your mistakes cause you to lose heart, touch-typing is a skill that can be learned by practice.