Keys V and N
In this lesson you will learn new keys : V and N
Each finger control different keys as follows:
- The left index finger will control the F , G , R , T and V keys, the right index finger will control the J , H , U and N keys.
- The left middle finger will control the D , E and C keys, the right middle finger will control the K , I and , keys.
- The left ring finger will control the S key, the right ring finger will control the L,O and . keys.
- The left little finger will control the A and left SHIFT keys and the right little finger will control the ; , ' , " and right SHIFT keys.
- The spacebar is controlled by the thumb.
|LEFT HAND||RIGHT HAND|
Tip! Some people find the downward stretching for the new finger positions awkward at first but it soon passes.
Before you begin typing make sure you are sitting up straight, your feet flat on the floor. Keep your elbows close to your body, your wrists straight and your forearms level.
As before, you may find it helpful to quietly say the name of the key as you strike it. Don't let your mistakes cause you to lose heart, touch-typing is a skill that can be learned by practice.